Forums  ›  General  ›  GFX - Feature Request(s)

Dark theme & changes to timeline

I saw Boundcub25 had requested a dark theme for the site, and wanted to second the motion.

I was also wondering if it was possible for a user to change what appears on the main site timeline. Personally, I don't need to know when someone edits their bio or becomes friends with someone else.

Thanks!

I don't really care whether we have a dark theme or a light theme, though the ideal obviously would be for alternative schemes to be selectable by the user.

All I ask is that whatever scheme is adopted, it should have sufficient contrast to make it quick and easy to read. no purple text on black background, please.

White is the most popular colour for backgrounds on internet sites, and with good reason - almost any colour text shows up well. Coloured or black backgrounds restrict the options more. Text needs to be white or some really light shade to give sufficient contrast against those backgrounds.

A dark theme has been added to our list of future enhancements.  I'm not sure when this will become available but many users have requested it.  Keep the suggestions coming!

@Grall - Right now there is no way to customize the main site feed.  This is designed to show most of the activity occurring on the site at any given time.  A more personalized feed is available on your account page by clicking "Account" in the upper right corner of any page on GFX.  This feed will only show the timeline of people you are friends with.

As the site grows we will probably try to turn down the number of things that get posted to the timeline but for now it seems to help user engagement if it tells us more rather than less.  I will note your desire to hide "bio edits" and "friends requests."  Is there anything else in particular that you or other users really don't like seeing on the timeline?

I'm also going to ask that you start a secondary feature request for this as ideally we'd like to see one topic per forum discussion.  Thanks!

I was also wondering if it was possible for a user to change what appears on the main site timeline. Personally, I don't need to know when someone edits their bio or becomes friends with someone else.

JeansGuy - I will note this request as well since I know it will be impossible to make everyone happy with one theme.

though the ideal obviously would be for alternative schemes to be selectable by the user.