Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Did anyone go to GearBlast?

It was a few months back but i see it posted around the site.  Just curious about any reviews... Ive never been to one of those fetish expos before but they look like a lot of fun!

I'd love to hear some stories as well!  I haven't attended GearBlast since its inaugural year when it was merely a gear party at the International Mister Leather exhibit but I know even then it was one of the highlights of the whole IML event (for me at least.)  Everyone I know that has attended the more recent events has also had a very good experience.  The event seems to be a well oiled machine at this point; regardless of if you go to GearBlast:US, GearBlast:UK, or GearBlast:EU.

Depending on the event you go to there are different things that you can participate in like socializing, a Gear Walk through the city, Gear Karting, Gear Riding (Motorcycle), Gear/Fetish Workshops, Gear Games (American Football, Hockey, Soccer, etc), and Gear Play(spaces) to fulfill your gear desires.  This is by no means a conclusive list of the things at the events but it should give you a good idea of what you'd be getting yourself in to.  Participation is optional for any of the events.  About the only thing that is damn near required is that you stay in some sort of gear for the entirety of the event otherwise expect to be shamed if you're only in regular street clothes (JK but seriously plan on being in some sort of gear the whole weekend.)

I would highly recommend you check out a fetish expo though even if its not GearBlast.  My first was IML and I had a great time.  I would recommend trying to find someone to go with though as it can be a lot to take in (especially if its your first time.)

It was a few months back but i see it posted around the site.  Just curious about any reviews... Ive never been to one of those fetish expos before but they look like a lot of fun!

I never knew I wanted to play organized gear themed sports until now. That was a great write up, cheers.

Thanks for the info NewdDawg. I've been interested in going. Maybe in 2020. It's going to cost some to get up there. Could use a roommate to share some costs.